Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Minced Chicken Filling for Masala Dosa



One of my collegue used to tell me about this dosa which he had in one of the local street shop. The way he explained made me to do it so badly. Infact I got so many ideas of my recipes from him and my friends.  Some of the recipes are Popcorn ChickenPoricha Parota and many more. My wish is "what people like to eat all day have to in my blog".  He also told me so many recipes too which I am yet to make like bread omlette, ghee idli sambar, set dosai and vada curry, kulambu omlette and many more. Most of the recipes are street food favour recipes..You know right street foods are the best ones..


Traditionally the filling is made with minced lamb, but I used minced chicken and made it. Still it tasted great. My perippa came to my house that day and had this dosai, he absolutely loved it. I am liking a lot to cook with minced chicken because they take so less time to cook. Nowadays I am having a packet of chicken mince always in my freezer.



I am also planning to do some other recipes with chicken mince like keema matar, mince curry and many other..So keep checking my recipes and tell me how it turned out for you..

Ingrediants:

Dosa batter - as needed ( Click here for recipe)
Oil for dosa
Onion - 1 finely chopped for sprinkling over the dosa

For Chicken Filling:

Chicken Mince - 500 gms
Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tblspn
Onions - 1 large chopped
Tomatoes - 3 chopped
Green Chilli - 2
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblspn
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder / Malli podi - 1 tblspn
Turmeric powder / Manjal podi - 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder - 1 tsp + 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tblspn

Method:

Heat a kadai with some oil and add in fennel seeds. Let them sizzle for 30 seconds.

Add in onions. green chilli and curry leaves and saute for a min.

Add in all the spice powders along with some salt and mix well.

Add in tomatoes and cook everything till mushy.

Now add in the minced chicken and stir it till everything is cooked.

Now cover the pan and let it simmer for 15 mins.

Sprinkle some garam masala in the end and mix well.Filling done.

Now lets make the dosa. Heat your tawa and spread your dosa batter thinly. Drizzle some oil over it and using a spatula smoothen the top. Let it cook till it turn light golden.

Now spoon some filling in the center along with some onions. Fold from all sides so that it forms a triangle.

Serve hot..

Pictorial:
Take all your ingrediants
Saute some fennel seeds in oil
add onions, ginger garlic paste and green chilli
add some salt, so that the onions cook faster
throw in the spice powders
and some lovely ripe tomatoes
cook till everything turn mushy
add the chicken mince to this
and mix well...
Cover and cook for 15 mins
Finish the whole dish with a sprinkle of extra garam masala powder
filling done..
Now lets make the dosa...I took out my trusty big'ol nonstick tawa
cook till turn golden brown...I smoothen the top of the dosa using a spatula
add a generous amount of filling
Sprinkle some onions for crunch
fold in three..So that it forms a triangle..
Serve hot..

Thanks ThattuKada Recipes...............

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it is a very interesting blog. I will try to cook this recipe. Hope you know about Idli Dosa Mix . It is really tasty. Once again thanks for this blog.

    ReplyDelete